This is my daily, I have tried others yet I keep coming back to this one. Fact is I like having a num pad, and F-Keys as i use them frequently with work.

My K4v2 runs custom SonixQMK which is Via compatible, I primarily do it my self because I have some particular custom keycodes that cant just be macro’s as they need to pass through the HID port on my KVM.

Switches are a blend of Kailh Royal Box and Kailh Silent Browns.

The switches are the Royal Box base, Royal Box Spring combined with the Silent Brown hammer (green bit), Silent brown Stem, and Silent Brown top housing. The result is a quiet heavy switch with a robust tactile bump.

When I built the switches I tested with both the Silent Brown Hammer (green) and the Royal Box hammer (brown) and was shocked to find that they felt very different. The Royal box hammer ended up being about 0.12mm longer and it overwhelmed the contact on the Silent browns. In the end I decided to use the Contact from the Royal Box with the slightly shorter Silent Brown hammer and found it the best combination of strong tactile bump.

I also found that with the longer hammer the noise was far more noticeable.