I can’t vouch for it, but I have some listings up on tim to try it out. The dev is responsive. Don’t want to post the link here but I have a simplex group if anyone wants to discuss, message me.

• @CharliePrime@monero.town
      link
      fedilink
      31 month ago

Yes.

Why not post a link @CaptainCanaryLLC ?

Circumventing Bankster rip-offs like Ebay, Amazon, and Facebook Marketplace are critical to our survival.

Increasing real-world Monero usage is how we succeed.

• @CaptainCanaryLLC@monero.townOP
        link
        fedilink
        21 month ago

I don’t want to encourage people clicking random .onion links. I can send you the link to my simplex group which has the .onion link in the welcome message if you want, send me a message here.

link
      fedilink
      21 month ago

I don’t want to encourage people clicking random .onion links. I can send you the link to my simplex group which has the .onion link in the welcome message.

• @delirious_owl
        link
        edit-2
        1 month ago

Why shouldn’t we trust CaptainCanaryLLC?

Seriously though, the way that we are able to trust a .onion is by having many trustworthy people post it in multiple public locations, then we users can look to see if they match.

Its more sketch to get it in a DM than a public forum where others can comment on its legitimacy

link
          fedilink
          edit-2
          1 month ago

My agora profile: agoradesk[.]com/user/CaptainCanaryLLC

I can’t vouch for tim. I put 1 xmr up there along with a bunch of listings because I want to find out if it it legit. I’m also on Haveno-reto.

Link to tim, use at your own risk:

timappziaaomrpyiivzijuat4obusumxoipcrw5rinugcfq4bffuenad[.}onion

Simplex group I made to discuss:

simplex[.]chat/contact#/?v=2-5&smp=smp%3A%2F%2FUkMFNAXLXeAAe0beCa4w6X_zp18PwxSaSjY17BKUGXQ%3D%40smp12.simplex.im%2FVvYzQxSsOOYES1GlXbR_-ywhjhkv1_Kp%23%2F%3Fv%3D1-2%26dh%3DMCowBQYDK2VuAyEAC4C9QBDIqlKpcIh5xAM71G3SSzkY0lgcPSHCIpvBkjU%253D%26srv%3Die42b5weq7zdkghocs3mgxdjeuycheeqqmksntj57rmejagmg4eor5yd.onion&data=%7B%22type%22%3A%22group%22%2C%22groupLinkId%22%3A%22TIFvUyce3Zd5ju_2VbrHzA%3D%3D%22%7D

• @delirious_owl
            link
            edit-2
            1 month ago

BTW the standard way infosec reports protect (potentially) malicious domains is with this syntax

timappziaaomrpyiivzijuat4obusumxoipcrw5rinugcfq4bffuenad[.]onion

Its also to prevent search engines from indexing it

• @itsmect@monero.town
    link
    fedilink
    21 month ago

ysk messages on lemmy are not encrypted. Put your matrix username in your bio to enable the “secure message” button (which just redirects to matrix)