• Ephera
    link
    fedilink
    421 month ago

Man, can you imagine, the meaningless platitudes that are normally said at these ceremonies, but it’s not even a human speaker, but rather an overengineered loudspeaker.

• @OpenStars
      link
      English
      131 month ago

That sucks bro… hey have you considered contributing more to our new AI initiative? We’re heading to the maximum future, today!

img

• @delirious_owl
      link
      21 month ago

Meaningless? I’ve listened to some excellent graduation speaches. Chris Hedges comes to mind

• Ephera
        link
        fedilink
        71 month ago

Yeah, I think, we’ll have to agree to disagree on that one. I know, I’m on the extreme side with never having liked such a ceremony. I think, it’s because I simply stop feeling represented with the kind of generic speech you get when addressing more than a dozen people, because I guess, I’m just too special of a snowflake…

• @delirious_owl
          link
          -31 month ago

So we should all shut up and stop calling for an end to genocide because its “generic speech”?

• Ephera
            link
            fedilink
            21 month ago

No, that’s not a generic speech to me. In that case, you’re motivating a specific political issue and trying to convince anyone who’s still on the fence. Contentious political issues have always been excluded from the ceremony speeches I attended.

• @delirious_owl
              link
              -11 month ago

Why? That’s kinda their responsibility. Especially now, during a genocide.

Anyone who was speaking at a graduation now and didn’t call for action against the war is failing miserablely

• Thordros [he/him, comrade/them]
    link
    fedilink
    English
    141 month ago

And always remember! Be bold! Be brave! Sorry, but as a large language model I am unable to assess ethical questions of that nature! And always follow your dreams!

• @OpenStars
      link
      English
      11 month ago

Also, sign up for the military, I hear we they are offering some great deals!

• @delirious_owl
    link
    141 month ago

Was the valedictorian a Palestinian that got replaced again?

• NoYouLogOff [he/him]
    link
    fedilink
    English
    51 month ago

A family friend graduated from a liberal arts college, had an R congressperson come for commencement. He just rambled about AI and also medical advancements like the US hasn’t had a falling life expectancy. Probably a pretty similar speech to this robot’s.

• D61 [any]
    link
    fedilink
    English
    31 month ago

the moment of the Butlerian Jihad comes one step closer

• Margot Robbie
    link
    fedilink
    21 month ago

The “Ex Machina” sequel is going way too far to believable, they really need to dial back on the surrealist black comedy.