i was looking at how expensive places in russia, china and vietnam were. Its actually laughable. There are single room apartments in vietnam for a couple hundred a month like wtf, why should i stay here lmao

• electerrific [none/use name]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 years ago

Good luck getting a visa to enter. You can’t just decide to move there, you have to have a reason: a job offer (requires 4 year degree, yes they call your university and check, the days of phony diplomas are long over), become a student (nobody over 30) or be married to one of their citizens.

• bidenicecream@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 years ago

become a student (nobody over 30)

This is not true. You can do language programs or masters/phd programs above that age. Some countries (like Russia) don’t have age limits at universities.

• usernamesaredifficul [he/him]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 years ago

I have never once heard of a degree program that actually prevents people under 30 taking the course. People over 30 are less likely to in large part because they tend to have more responsibilities that make studying harder

• MaoistLandlord [he/him]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 years ago

That’s the gist of it for many countries. Some countries have special programs with the US (like Norway or some other snow country), but the funny thing is that the program seems to benefit Americans much more because it allows Americans to become residents quick and all you need is some sort of small business you can easily cook up as a contractor. But as far as I know, they don’t get the same benefits if they go to the us