• @Catsrules@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    35 days ago

Has anyone had issues with cards not processing the first time? It seems to happen to me very often. I have been wondering if my card is broken or dieing.

• @xantoxis@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      5 days ago

I had a problem with cards getting demagnetised, for a long time. IDK if i just have different stuff in my wallet now or what, but it happened to me for years and then stopped happening, years ago.

Cashiers would always try rubbing it with a plastic bag, which frequently worked, which makes me think something something static electricity something magnets??

• @Catsrules@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        25 days ago

This has been with transaction using the chip reader. I have two cards and both have had issues. I did change the way I am storing my cards by attaching them to the back of my phone case. I am wondering if some how that is causing issue. Maybe I should turn off my phone’s NFC reader for a little bit. See if somehow that is causing problems.

• Hazmatastic
          link
          fedilink
          English
          119 hours ago

Push down gently on the exposed bit of card next time. It presses the chip up into more solid contact. Usually the culprit is a slight bend in the card from the wallet.

• @Catsrules@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        15 days ago

It always fails on reading the chip. Never had an issue with tap to pay, I prefer tap to pay but not all vendors support tap to pay.

• セリャスト
          link
          fedilink
          English
          15 days ago

Oh because i use tap to pay everywhere (didnt know how it was called in english thanks) but sometimes it requires a pin code check once in a while. But if you live in the us the carding system is different afaik

• @Muscar
    link
    English
    05 days ago

Let’s add this random comment to show people that it’s funny because the post itself couldn’t just stand on its own right? Stop sharing shit like this.