• @Alpha71@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    183 days ago

The woman is reportedly denying the charges saying during voluntary questioning that she was not aware that the suitcase is a vehicle that requires a driver’s license.

When you start to realize that there could be too many laws on the books.

• AwesomeLowlander
    link
    fedilink
    English
    123 days ago

It has a max speed of 13 kph, that’s practically crawling. And she was on a sidewalk. This is just much ado about nothing

• @OpenStars
          link
          English
          114 days ago

It seems to be really well thought out. Like the original meme is nice too:

img

But would be a lot of paint that would flake off easily so the above design looks like it would work much better for a shirt:-).

• @OpenStars
              link
              English
              23 days ago

And clothing that lasts for more than at least one year, sheesh!

But were people allowed to say “bitch” back then? Truly we have advanced in so many ways!:-)

• @bitchkat@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                22 days ago

The best is not having to dress up for work. I had a couple of years of that and then transitioned to jeans/sweats/shorts and t-shirt for the past 35 years. That sucked and thank goodness pantyhose is or less gone.

• @OpenStars
                  link
                  English
                  12 days ago

And now many people work from home, in like pajamas or equivalent. Personal toilet, snacks, that’s the life! :-)

• @bitchkat@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                22 days ago

I still feel funny about calling my female dog a bitch. But not when I call a person a bitch. I use it most in phrases like “they’re just going to bitch about it”

• @OpenStars
                  link
                  English
                  edit-2
                  2 days ago

I think it probably depends on the person and whether they would be okay with it or not? Like is it silly such as “Bish pulease”, whereas I’ve never once heard someone call someone else like a “cunt” (UK, and I guess Australia?) and had it be any kind of okay. But rap culture seems to have redeemed bitch… maybe, for some people?

Edit: as always, it’s the consent that makes all the difference.

• Jolteon
    link
    fedilink
    English
    64 days ago

Since wind does riding an ebike require a license?