Looking to get my Battlefield fix in and I’ve heard good things. Anyone playing and can give their thoughts?

• KnoxR.
    link
    fedilink
    English
    61 year ago

It gets a super heavy recommendation from me. The game is absolutely excellent. It’s everything the Battlefield community has wanted from Battlefield for what feels like a decade now.

Do not let the graphics fool you. The game has solid performance, great gunplay, great progression akin to BF4, the class system feels excellent, they can do very large scale due to not having excessive graphics performance will be fully and solid, destruction is also fantastic its just got it all.

As someone who’s felt let down by Battlefield for a while now and put thousands of hours into it back in the day, this scratches that itch like you wouldn’t believe.

• KnoxR.
        link
        fedilink
        English
        21 year ago

It’s for sure worth it, I’d recommend you start on 32 v 32 or 64v64 just to not get overwhelmed by the chaos of 124v124 out the gate lol

• sadreality
          link
          fedilink
          English
          11 year ago

Just got a tip this might work on Linux…

But yeah… now I won’t

128v128 it is for me 🤪

• @messem10@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          11 year ago

I’d say to jump right into the 124v124. At that level, one player is not going to change the tide too much. (Its more akin to the battles in Planetside 2 than your standard Battlefield due to the sheer scope.)

• @GhostRunner@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    21 year ago

Highly recommended! It’s so much fun and definitely scratches that BF3 itch. I’ve heard it described as BF3 and Squad have a baby and it plays Roblox.

• TheSpookiestUser
    cake
    M
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Something specific I want to touch on - unlike many other games, the voicechat culture in this one is top notch. People getting really into it calling for medics and giving orders, trashtalking the enemy team when you get downed and they’re trying to drag you away, fun (imo) musical micspam that reminds me of the old days of TF2 - and, perhaps most importantly, minimal bigotry and genuine nastiness. There’s a little, yes, but not nearly as much as I would expect from a game like this, and the public ban log that gets pushed in the top right of the screen indicates the devs actually do care about removing bigotry, which is nice.

• @Mr_Buscemi@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    21 year ago

The game is pretty great. I’ve been having so much fun just being a medic in it. Dodging all enemy fire to go heal people is insane when there are so many people.

One game I kept hearing a guy play Free Bird and loudly sing it. Whenever I got close enough for proximity chat I would start hearing him again. Weaving through fire and the gunshots while hearing that every now and then was amazing.

Here is 40 seconds I recorded showing what it is like to be inside a firefight.

• @Stiggs@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    11 year ago

Anyone have experience with the Australian servers? I moved from the UK to Aus a few years ago and honestly playing online games has really been the only downside!

• @ATDA@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    11 year ago

I’m loving it. Like a nice middle point between Insurgency and Battlefield. Chaotic nonsense with a side of tactical mashed potatoes.

When the servers are behaving even on my 1080ti I get 70+fps at 4k.

The devs leaning to a less toxic community is a nice change of pace as well. Even when frustrated you can “act crazy” instead of losing it.

My main critique is that we need a metro style infantry map. Don’t groan you know you love the meat grinder. Grind that meat with us, GRIND!

• @astrobound@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    1 year ago

ui is shit but gunplay is pretty great.

most of the maps are pretty inconsistent with prop placement/congestion level when compared to server player count. some maps feel way too big and some feel way too tight.

it’s $15 USD, worth the buy at that price especially with how often they’ve been updating it. I’ve had fun with it but it’s definitely got a long way to go.

• @jazzbox@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    11 year ago

Like others have said, it’s influenced heavily by both Battlefield and Squad and I think it’s the best of both worlds.

I love that, in Squad, you need to be so tactical and team oriented and communicative; but it can get overwhelming if you just want to relax and/or have no military experience. Battlefield is fun if you want to shut your brain off; but nobody really works together, sometimes for the worse. I think Battlebit scratches both of those itches really well.

Plus the art style makes it so even with 254 players all in one server it still runs smoothly on my midrange-for-2018 rig lol

• ThunderingJerboa
    link
    fedilink
    11 year ago

Fun game the only complain I would have is the progression system for gun unlocks sort of suck and is quite grindy. I’m personally a big fan of the unlock system for gun attachments since it rewards good play with the guns you use.

• Luca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    11 year ago

I’ll echo everyone else and 100% recommend it.

One thing no one mentioned though is the community. Admins have a zero tolerance policy for racism, homophobia, etc, which leads to voice comms being fun again. So many people roleplaying and just being silly. It’s one of the few games that’s greatly enhanced by proximity chat

• @rodbiren@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    11 year ago

I thought the vehicles handled better in BF2 and 2142. Destruction mechanism is fun and engaging. Wish it had the ability to host servers as I do feel queuing can be a pain. Gameplay is extremely smooth and the graphics do not bother me one bit.

Given it is still under development I am super excited to see where it ends up. All my comments are nit picks of an otherwise excellent BF game with developers that are not EA.

• @simo@lemmy.world
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    11 year ago

I really enjoy it for what it is, but I feel like they need to refine the overall experience.

People can jump through windows and spray you, yet the ttk is super low, slow reloads and gunplay is a mixed bag when it comes to mechanics (single fire over auto, bipods don’t help at al).

I’ll give it a massive benefit of the doubt due to pricing and oh, yeah…it’s made with love by three people.

The party system is amazing and allows my friends and I to be dragged into a game in mere seconds. Worth it alone for that tbh.