Dont know if this is a good fit, but here goes.

So our Council spent several £million on a flash new cycle lane in a part of my city where there had been several “accidents”… I hate the word “accident” as from my experience they’re usually avoidable, its neglect/negligence not accidental… GREAT! Even better last year they put a 4 foot wall down it to stop drivers parking on it. Or at least they thought it would work.

They didnt count on drivers like tonight’s Amazon delivery driver who at the junction mounted the pavement and dropped half his van down at a 45 degree angle so he could park on it and make deliveries. Cue all the cyclists travelling down there, who now cant use the road as they’re hemmed in, asking the guy to be more considerate. What happens next is a barrage of abuse and gas lighting.

“I can park in a disabled bay if I want!” and “Amazon drivers can undertake traffic and cut in front of the queue of traffic that’s been waiting!”

I would have reported this to Amazon directly, but tbh I’m sick of drivers doing this, and Amazon dont seem to give a shit.

• Tw4tty [none/use name]@hexbear.netOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

This idiot doesnt realise I know many ex Amazon drivers. I told him his company wont worry about throwing him under a bus, even to the point of ruining potential future employment.