• @youhavemykeys
    link
    11 year ago

yeah the thought of something coming across interstellar distances and worrying about what defences and weapons we have is absolutely absurd, they could just go pick up a space rock containing more resource than we’ve ever mined and nudge it gently towards Earth - or give it a bit of a shove if they want to just obliterate the planet so they can quietly collect the resources from a cloud of mushed up space rocks.

there are reasons to come to earth, collectors in alien cultures would likely want to collect some of the unique animals that have evolved here, since we’re killing them all at an alarming rate it would make sense they’d be in a rush to evacuate breeding colonies for their zoos ‘they last living remains of a planet boiled alive by it’s greedy semi-intelligent life’ or for a lot of reasons they might want to study us - comedy and tragedy most likely but maybe just scientific interest also. It doesn’t make much sense for them seemingly trying to hide their presence but being so bad at it and apparently crashing all the time.

It’s also possible that we just happen to be a on the edges of a war far vaster than we can even imagine, fleets of billions of giant ships exploding and crashing into each other with escape pods and crashed fighters flung out in every direction - this is the only reasonable reason i can think of for so many ships to have apparently crashed here, it might turn out that everything in our solar system is littered with bits of exploded or crashed craft from this war and that we’re dumb for not noticing sooner. It doesn’t seem likely to me but it’s the only type of explanation i can really think of for why we’d have as much evidence of aliens as people like Grusch are claiming