• DarkThoughts
    link
    fedilink
    11 month ago

My guy, I don’t need to verify anything. I know what I saw. I literally clicked the open directory button too which just would lead me to the standard profile directory too. There’s 100% no mistaking it, as I have done this process countless of times over the past couple decades. Maybe it is the same weird way that the audio applet in the sys tray did not work at first and didn’t show any devices or apps, and how the audio system settings didn’t default properly for some games to the correct audio device - until they did some days later. If they had something like virtualbox in the repos I would’ve maybe installed the image I have on my usb stick again in a VM, but I’m not gonna through the process of wiping my installation again just to prove a point to some random rude asshole.

• @bsergay
      link
      11 month ago

Aight, so you didn’t like my methodology. That’s fine; I’ve got no qualms with putting in the work. So, if you allow me, I would like to propose the following:

• Option 1. Somehow grant me access to the exact image you used. This could be done in multiple ways:
        • Either, just send me the link from which you downloaded it yourself.
        • Or, send it over to me through whichever file sharing/hosting solution you enjoy.
      • Option 2. Getting VirtualBox to work on Bazzite is most likely a huge pain in the ass. Therefore, if it’s fine with you, I could help you install virt-manager (if you even need any help with that). Furthermore, FWIW, it’s worth noting that (GNOME) Boxes should work as well. It’s relatively simple, though. Thankfully, at least installing it is as easy as flatpak install org.gnome.Boxes*.