• partial_accumen
    link
    fedilink
    -11 month ago

You didn’t contradict what I heard you say, so I’ll take that as I understood you right.

So you understand justice is served when some guy gets out of the car to yell at you, and you and your friends beat him near death and destroy and steal everything he owns?

No, but I’m glad you’re recognizing that there are differences in the level of actions and that can constitute a reasonable response. Keep building on that:

• Throwing a plastic bottle at a vehicle which results in no damage should NOT result in a vigilante sentence of death.
    • Yelling at someone should NOT result in them being assaulted, their property damaged and stolen.

So how can either of these things be avoided?

• The bottle thrower could choose to NOT throw the bottle
    • The yeller could choose NOT stop and yell.

Look at that! At the end of the day there’s no property damage and no deaths of anyone!

• @ravhall
      link
      11 month ago

You’re right. It didn’t become an issue until they beat him. And beating someone for yelling at your crime, big or small, should result in them also being beaten.

• partial_accumen
        link
        fedilink
        11 month ago

You’re right. It didn’t become an issue until they beat him.

So the bottle thrower had a chance to avoid this, and the yeller had a chance to avoid this. Neither chose the avoid it. Both chose to escalate it.

And beating someone for yelling at your crime, big or small, should result in them also being beaten.

Nope. You’re pretending that all people act rationally. If you expect that, you’re going to be disappointed. Not all people do that. Sorry, that’s life. So if you are involved in a situation like this, that doesn’t make it morally right for you to shoot someone, which is your position as stated before.

The the bottle thrower shouldn’t have thrown. The yeller shouldn’t have yelled, and nobody would be talking about this right now because nothing would have happened.

• @ravhall
          link
          11 month ago

Maybe if she didn’t dress sexy. Maybe if that black man wasn’t in the wrong neighborhood. Maybe if they spoke better English. Maybe if they they didn’t speak up… they wouldn’t have been hurt.

Blocked.

• partial_accumen
            link
            fedilink
            11 month ago

Maybe if she didn’t dress sexy.

I am offended that you think dressing sexy is an act of escalation to being raped.

Blocked.

Ah thank goodness! You’ve made my day better. I don’t have to hold my nose anymore when you say its acceptable to shoot people that throw a plastic bottle at a car that creates zero damage.