Finished Moon Over Soho by Ben Aaronovitch. Book 2 of Rivers of London series. Our PC is getting better with the magic, and yet is still very new to this. We get a peek at the bigger magic world. Would be interesting to see how it develops further.

Reading Artemis by Andy Weir. Have read his other books and loved them, but this is supposedly different then his other work. Let’s see.

Also, I think I should start working on Book Bingo, if I wait till the end of Bingo year, I would’ve forgotten half of what I have read. If any of you are working your Book Bingo, how far have you reached?

What about all of you? What have you been reading or listening to lately?

A regular reminder about our Book Bingo, and it’s Recommendation Post . Links are also present in our community sidebar.

• I’m at 13/25 books for bingo, but that’s all I’ve been reading since May.

Currently a third of the way through Ring Shout by P. Djèlí Clark. I was craving a horror read, and this worked for bingo, so I picked it up. It’s good so far, but seems more like an action adventure than the grim spookiness I wanted.

Finished Malice by Keigo Higashino. A surprising number of lies got revealed in the second half, though I did get part of it right. Not jumping to read more by this author, but not opposed to it, either. Sidenotes: this is listed as #4 in a series, but the first 3 aren’t in English, and it reads fine as a standalone; also, you may want to check content warnings for this one.

Bingo squares: What’s Yours Is Mine, Bookception (hard), There Is Another (hard, if you count untranslated entries), Now a Major Motion Picture (a J-drama from 2001), Minority Author, (alt) Translated (hard)