Aside from racism. I mean economically/socially, what issues does too much immigration cause?

• @BonesOfTheMoon@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    326 days ago

In Canada it’s causing a huge housing crisis. Lots of newcomers do not have the finances for what rent is here either so end up in limbo.

• @gerbler@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        106 days ago

It isn’t just housing it’s infrastructure in general. Governments are happy to bring in more bodies to fill jobs and pay taxes but don’t bother to plan accordingly and infrastructure takes a long time to build leading to a lagging effect.

Hospitals, transit, housing, etc. It’s all being overwhelmed right now.

• FarraigePlaisteach
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      5 days ago

The irony of a nation of colonial land thieves complaining about immigration …

Canadians should settle their debts with First Nations and honour their treaties, like good immigrants before judging others.

• @Surp@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        15 days ago

To add to your point…every nation stole or was stolen from someone else at some point. I always laugh at this argument. No one’s giving anything back that they were born into and didn’t literally take themselves. Are we going to find Henry the Viiis ancestors and make them answer for his barbaric ways? No. Egyptian pharaohs who enslaved countless people and god knows what else? No.

• FarraigePlaisteach
          link
          fedilink
          -15 days ago

You can only laugh from a place of privilege. Please educated yourself on the Indian Act and progress with existing treaties. Your comment is at odds with the reality in Canada.

• @Surp@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            edit-2
            5 days ago

My comment just speaks the hard truth. You talking to me on the Internet is on the blood sweat and tears of someone else. Nothing is nice about anything when you go into the history of it all.