• @StopJoiningWars
    link
    212 hours ago

Really fucking arrogant/egocentric to assume every guy out there is trying to flirt with you, no?

Like, I’m gay, if someone said that to me though I’d be tempted to report them to HR for a hostile workplace interaction.

They’re literally passing judgement on you by appearance (what else was disclosed in that scenario? literally nothing), and that’s not ok.

• Zloubida
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      8 hours ago

If you’re a woman and have to be near an unknown man, it’s safe to assume the worst. It’s a sane reaction.

• @StopJoiningWars
        link
        14 hours ago

They’re your coworker for Christ’s sake. Why assume the worst?

• @CascadianGiraffe@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          126 minutes ago

As a guy, I have never had a job where I didn’t witness sexual harassment in one from or another.

Just yesterday a coworker mentioned we had a new hire starting and was wondering if they were going to be hot or not. Poor girl hasn’t even had her first day and the idiots are already lining up to hit on her, even without knowing ANYTHING except she is female.

It’s pretty safe to assume the worst.

• @StopJoiningWars
            link
            119 minutes ago

It is not “pretty safe to assume the worst”, it’s an HR nightmare waiting to happen. Stop giving bad advice.

• Zloubida
          link
          fedilink
          14 hours ago

Because male coworkers harassing female coworkers is common.

• @StopJoiningWars
            link
            120 minutes ago

But in this case the harassment is from the female coworker. And you seem totally fine with that. Gotta love double standards.