• @infinitevalence
    link
    English
    11 year ago

On Monday I managed to feed my kids breakfast and lunch, I managed to get a load of dishes going so they would be clean in time for dinner, I went to the kids school open house. I even mowed the lawn.

What I did not do was the recycling or spend the whole day policing my kids so the built a fort in the center of the house and one in the basement.

When my spouse came home they instantly let me know how angry they were because the house was a mess and I had not done anything about it. They were pissed at me, nearly unable to even look at my face without anger bubbling over.

I managed all that and I worked a normal day. It was not enough it’s never enough. Every week my manager has to point out when I’m falling behind on projects. Every week my spouse gets to a point of anger where they can’t stand me in their presence.

Yes I deal with depression but it’s because the world expects more from me than I can manage so I have to fight the depression everyday and put nearly all my mental energy into catching my ADHD and executive distraction issues.

Even worse, I’m medicated effectively and mental health is covered for unlimited visits.