I’ve been using Lemmy a lot over the past two weeks. I’ve come to understand it and the fediverse. I understand the pros and cons. I kno how I want to improve it and I know what keeps people away.

How do you all feel about it? I wonder how many people create accounts not knowing what it is and then just abandon them.

Is anyone having trouble finding a community they fit well in? Or just trouble in general finding communities?

I think there are a lot of tools that can be added to help improve discovery and navigation. Thankfully, we are very close to a new release of Lemmy. I think the devs have v0.18 in testing. It has a much better UI and other tools.

Thinks will get better. But I would say I’m pretty happy with it as it is.

• @infinitevalence
    link
    English
    21 year ago

Yeah the idea that we build a way for our own instance/account to create a custom view that is more than just subscriptions but more filtered than just turning off say NSFW. I dont want to subscribe to every little thing of interest, but at the same time I dont want to see everything…

That is the one thing about the private companies is that they have conditioned us to having a personalized content flow.

In Jorboa every time I click a community link it CDT’s on mobile so I cant get to a community im not subbed to, so I cant add it to my subscription.

Right now I have to go to my PC/Web and go through a rain-dance/rube goldberg where I try different combinations of the community name in the search and toggle between all/comments/posts/communities until I can navigate through my (your) instance so I can add it.

I wish I could just put the !name or !name@instance.tld into a box and have it add it to my sub list.

• jgrim of SublinksOPMA
      link
      English
      11 year ago

I believe that’s coming with Lemmy 0.18. I saw something called community groups in the code. I’d have to dig more to see for sure.

• @infinitevalence
        link
        English
        11 year ago

I have not dug into 0.18 yet, still trying to get a personal instance up on my own server :(