We all have that one game or genre that never gets old and we return to time and time again.

What is it for you and why is that the case?

• @rustyricotta@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    11 months ago

A bit different from the question but

Outer Wilds.

I’ve spent a lot of time in it and have 100% it, so it’s hard to find a reason get back in, but even just booting to the title screen just completely transports me.

Why? Outer Wilds was just an incredible experience, and the OST is astounding and the music completely soaked up the experience and can bring it all back just by listening.

• Asimov's Robot
      link
      fedilink
      English
      411 months ago

I recently bough it at a steam sale but didn’t get into it at first. Maybe I’ll try again soon.

• @Hadriscus@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        111 months ago

Same, because I can’t seem to make any progress at all. I don’t really know what the goal is. I keep taking off and go fool around on planets until the time resets, and it’s pleasant enough. But I haven’t wrapped my head around the mystery so far

• Asimov's Robot
          link
          fedilink
          English
          211 months ago

I didn’t even get that far. Hopped on the ship, explored a bit of the starting planet, then the closest bodies and couldn’t figure out what I was supposed to be doing. I get that the idea is to research the mystery behind the ancient texts, but I wasn’t really feeling compelled to.

• @Hadriscus@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            111 months ago

Yea it’s really not holding your hand,… but to the point where there’s hardly any motivation except for the pleasure of exploration itself

• @Blubber28@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      211 months ago

To be honest, many games published by Annapurna Interactive are an incredible experience. So, if you want to experience some new things, check them out if you haven’t already! I can personally recommend Stray and What Remains of Edith Finch. Final note; if you play the latter for the first time, play it in a single sitting. It’s only 2 hours but man is it worth it!