I’ve been using Lemmy a lot over the past two weeks. I’ve come to understand it and the fediverse. I understand the pros and cons. I kno how I want to improve it and I know what keeps people away.

How do you all feel about it? I wonder how many people create accounts not knowing what it is and then just abandon them.

Is anyone having trouble finding a community they fit well in? Or just trouble in general finding communities?

I think there are a lot of tools that can be added to help improve discovery and navigation. Thankfully, we are very close to a new release of Lemmy. I think the devs have v0.18 in testing. It has a much better UI and other tools.

Thinks will get better. But I would say I’m pretty happy with it as it is.

• @Rakn@discuss.tchncs.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Lemmy keeps refreshing the list of posts constantly. It makes it barely usable tbh. You see something interesting, want to click on it, it whoops… it’s gone. Need to scroll around to find it again.

Gets me really frustrated.

Lemmy still has a lot of UX issues. The above is just the most prominent example for me. I think it has potential. But it’s not there yet.

• jgrim of SublinksOPMA
      link
      English
      11 year ago

It’s about to get better. Lemmy.ml just released with .18-rc.6. So it’s about to launch. You can get a peak of the new UI and UX there.