• @Cybersteel@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    -1711 months ago

Government mandates electronics sounds very Communist. I thought were way past that already. Companies should be allowed to compete for charging standards without government interference. Let the invisible hand of capitalism self correct itself, though the heavens fall.

• Flying Squid
      link
      fedilink
      English
      911 months ago

Yes, every government regulation is communism. No dangerous lead levels in drinking water, gasoline, etc.? Communism. Companies should be allowed to compete for lead level standards without government interference. Let the invisible hand of capitalism correct itself.

• Echo Dot
      link
      fedilink
      English
      411 months ago

Yeah well the markets had plenty of time to regulate itself it hasn’t bothered to do so mostly because it contains Apple. Not every piece of government oversight is communism.

• @Nathandee@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      311 months ago

True… companies can come up with their charging standards. Just don’t try to sell it in all of EU or Saudi Arabia. Also apple overcharged for the damn cables and they break so quickly. last time I used iphone the cable was 20 euro. While I could buy 20 USB-C cables for that. Never had a broken USB-C cable. not even the ones for AliExpress