• Deceptichum
    link
    fedilink
    3511 months ago

As if Christians in America aren’t trying to do the same.

Religion needs to be killed off already.

• @jcit878@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      411 months ago

I grew up confused as fuck and full of self doubt that’s to a quasi religious upbringing and falling into a religious “crowd” (why couldn’t I just have done drugs like all the cool people).

religion can fuck off entirely. none of it is good except putting people down

• Ooops
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      11 months ago

Or those “religious” people could remember their own f***ing religion for once instead of hallucinating something they like more at the moment.

For example I’m pretty sure there’s something in the bible about those evil rainbows…Oh, yeah:

“And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.”

I’m also pretty sure remembering my history lessons muslims up to 150 years ago accepted homosexuality as something completely natural and there’s a lot of documented confusion why European christians at that time disagreed so heavily.

Seriousy… I’m no fan of religion. But it isn’t even religion to be blamed here but morons using religion as a pretense even if they have to invent and add new things to their religions to do so.

• @SoGrumpy@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      -1511 months ago

But if religion goes, then all the religious holidays go too. Where I live (North-Rhine Westfalia, Germany), that’s 8 days less off every year! I’m an atheist myself, but I do enjoy the time off.

• @cnnrduncan@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        311 months ago

Eh religious holidays can easily change in meaning - my country is mostly irreligious and we celebrate christmas by having barbecues outside and visiting the beach, despite it originally being a pagan ceremony celebrating the passing of winter solstice!