• Deceptichum
      link
      fedilink
      3511 months ago

As if Christians in America aren’t trying to do the same.

Religion needs to be killed off already.

• @jcit878@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        411 months ago

I grew up confused as fuck and full of self doubt that’s to a quasi religious upbringing and falling into a religious “crowd” (why couldn’t I just have done drugs like all the cool people).

religion can fuck off entirely. none of it is good except putting people down

• Ooops
        link
        fedilink
        edit-2
        11 months ago

Or those “religious” people could remember their own f***ing religion for once instead of hallucinating something they like more at the moment.

For example I’m pretty sure there’s something in the bible about those evil rainbows…Oh, yeah:

“And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.”

I’m also pretty sure remembering my history lessons muslims up to 150 years ago accepted homosexuality as something completely natural and there’s a lot of documented confusion why European christians at that time disagreed so heavily.

Seriousy… I’m no fan of religion. But it isn’t even religion to be blamed here but morons using religion as a pretense even if they have to invent and add new things to their religions to do so.

• @SoGrumpy@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        -1511 months ago

But if religion goes, then all the religious holidays go too. Where I live (North-Rhine Westfalia, Germany), that’s 8 days less off every year! I’m an atheist myself, but I do enjoy the time off.

• @cnnrduncan@beehaw.org
          link
          fedilink
          311 months ago

Eh religious holidays can easily change in meaning - my country is mostly irreligious and we celebrate christmas by having barbecues outside and visiting the beach, despite it originally being a pagan ceremony celebrating the passing of winter solstice!

• qaz
      link
      fedilink
      011 months ago

People often complain about the Quran containing disturbing stuff, but it’s not like the Bible doesn’t.

• Sockenklaus
    link
    fedilink
    2411 months ago

Some governments are just pathetic and sad… I don’t even… Ughh

• ArugulaZ
    link
    fedilink
    1411 months ago

Way to go, malaise-ya. You’re making even American culture war nonsense look dignified by comparison.

• Ooops
    link
    fedilink
    611 months ago

Who is even wearing 6 different mono-colored watches at the same time just to make a point?

• @Synthead@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      3711 months ago

No see, you and all your friends wear a different color, and when you stick your hands together and proclaim your orientation, gay Captain Planet comes out

• Alto
      link
      fedilink
      711 months ago

They’re not. Don’t know where you got that idea from

• Sentrovasi
        link
        fedilink
        711 months ago

I get his point though - just wearing one of them really has no LGBT affiliation: it just looks like a monochromatic watch. Maybe it’s that subversion that Malaysia is afraid of.

• @frogfruit
          cake
          link
          311 months ago

What about the rainbow flag on them

• Sentrovasi
            link
            fedilink
            111 months ago

I went on to read that it also has six colours as opposed to the seven on a “real” rainbow as well. I’m getting more educated every day.

• @nogooduser@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              311 months ago

Apparently, there should have only been 6 colours in the rainbow in the first place. Newton allegedly added indigo because he believed that there should be 7 for occult reasons.