• @PatrickYaa@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    11 months ago

There’s a lot of people here focussing on the biillit labs thing. While that is pretty bad on it’s own, and probably indicative of company or at least communication culture; Linus has not adressed the allegations regarding the sponsorships and the underlying conflict of interest. There’s some response to the error handling and sloppiness. But what is lacking is a clear identification and owning of errors as well as the accompanying, hard steps LMG will take to rectify them.

I would’ve liked to see a post saying" whow, this is a bit much at once, we will publish a full response with x/y plans in [a week]". This (Linus’ Forum response) just feels drama-inciting and not like a level-headed response.

• @BedSharkPal@lemmy.ca
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      211 months ago

What am I missing here? I’m a super casual watcher and even I knew he was an investor in framework? Every time I’ve seen the company mention he goes about how he’s involved. So yeah, not sure what the issue is there.

• Eochaid
        link
        fedilink
        English
        411 months ago

Watch GNs video. Steve goes through several instances where their handling of sponsorships is clearly inappropriate, beyond just investing in Framework.

The biggest problem Steve points out is that LTT content is clearly biased from the beginning. They know exactly what angle they’re pushing for before they start writing/testing the video. Whether they are Short Circuit videos where they wave away and even apologize for issues they find in their review-not-a-review, or whether it’s Linus’ own content decisons where he decides that he hates a product before even starting work on a video and so refuses to give that product a fair shake.