The world’s largest chipmaker promised to create thousands of US jobs. There are growing tensions over whether US workers have the skills or work ethic to do them.::Jobs at the TSMC semiconductor factory in Arizona could require long hours and total obedience. Americans may push back on the company’s culture.

• @marmarama@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    11 months ago

If you’re on-call 24/7/365 without a break, and it’s not because you have equity in the company, then find a new job.

If you don’t, then your health (physical and mental) will eventually force you to leave anyway. I did it at a startup where I was employee #1 (no equity for me), just me and the founders, and I nearly had a nervous breakdown from it, and ended up quitting from stress. Afterwards I decided I would do no more than 1 week in 3, and life got better after that.

• GreenBottles
      link
      fedilink
      English
      111 months ago

we are just a small company and that’s the reason for the demand of my time but the way that we do things I don’t really work after hours very often at all unless it’s scheduled situation or an emergency you can do this in a way that is healthy for employees you just have to have policies that protect the workers