• @jsdz@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    6610 months ago

It’s what turned me into a Steam user. Still feels like a moral failing using non-free software, but it sure is fun.

• GigglyBobble
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      10 months ago

It’s what set me free to move to Linux for good! It’s such a relief to not be affected by all the bullshit Microsoft brings to the world with Windows 11+.

• no banana
        link
        fedilink
        2610 months ago

Now we just need to worry about Google’s web environment bullshit!

• @FigMcLargeHuge@sh.itjust.works
            link
            fedilink
            English
            710 months ago

I would almost prefer it. Javascript is the herpes of html, and the majority of websites now are just completely infested with it. I don’t know if these companies are actually visiting their own sites, but it’s horrible. Ton’s of wasted data and time on this garbage. I have been going in and turning off javascript just to keep all of the shit from popping up, covering the screen, etc. So yeah, a command line browser sounds pretty fucking good again.

• NormalC [he/him, comrade/them]
      link
      fedilink
      English
      1410 months ago

Valve’s contributions to Wine can be used without using Steam’s DRM-based client such as in applications like Bottles and Lutris. However, we should call on Valve to release the steam client API to the public and to only distribute DRM free games (like GOG).

• @bionicjoey@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      110 months ago

I’m right there with you. At the end of the day, there are hardly any games that are FOSS, and most of the greatest games are non-free, so you have to swallow that pill either way. Might as well at least do it from the most free OS you can.