A day late, but better late than never!

I finished Grave Peril, third book of Dresden Files, by Jim Butcher. The series has start picking up. This book is much higher quality than the first two.

Currently, I am reading two books.

• The Bullet Journal Method by Ryder Carroll. I have been using bullet journal for nearly a decade, but never got around to reading the book, so finally got it. While there’s nothing new in the method, the “why” are interesting, and should help me be more productive.

• Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir. Man, what a book. I think this is one of the best book I have read recently. I am more than half-way, and loving every moment of it.

What about all of you? What have you been reading?

• @JakoJakoJako13@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    210 months ago

I’m about halfway through Death’s End in the Three Body Problem trilogy. The whole series has been fantastic so far. I’m a slow reader and the first book took me only a couple days to get through. The second book fantastic as well. The third book is kind of falling off a cliff for me.

The first two books have excellent main characters that we follow along as the story progresses. The 3rd book’s mc is the weakest of the 3. Where the first two had these grand contributions to society and how to handle the aliens, Cheng is more on the lines of being a puppet. She contributed to society but in this book there are bigger, more important characters that would have been more intersting to follow.

It’s a good book. I am enjoying it. But I’m 300 pages in and still waiting for that moment to take me back up the cliff. The nice thing is I think I stopped at a point where that’s about to happen. So I hope it turns around and elevates itself in the next few readings.

• @dresdenOPM
      link
      English
      110 months ago

Interesting.

Why is everyone reading Three Body Problem these days? It was translated in 2014, but suddenly everyone seems to be reading it.