Business says it doesn’t serve anyone who is armed

• BarqsHasBite
    link
    fedilink
    1510 months ago

I guess just keep calling the cops just to get the record that you tried to get the alcohol off.

• FuglyDuck
      link
      fedilink
      English
      1810 months ago

it’s really not that simple. First, if you keep nuisance complaints, they’ll fine you (or in my case, fine my clients. which would have me fired.)
      secondly, you annoy the cops enough, they’ll freeze you out regardless of what their policies/rules say, and as a security guard, you’re reliant on them to come save you if you ever have an active shooter or, more likely, just an aggressive asshole who doesn’t like being told they can’t do whatever it is they’re trying to do.

• BarqsHasBite
        link
        fedilink
        1010 months ago

Well do it often enough that you can show the city department that you don’t allow alcohol and tried to get them removed (as seen by police records).

• @RaoulDook@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        310 months ago

you’re reliant on them to come save you if you ever have an active shooter

This is not a good plan, you need to be responsible for your own safety because you can’t count on the imaginary good guy cops to save you from anything. It may be 30 minutes before they show up, or they may not even show up at all.

• FuglyDuck
          link
          fedilink
          English
          310 months ago

This is the only plan we got.

Liability is a bitch, ain’t it?

• stopthatgirl7OP
        link
        fedilink
        110 months ago

you’re reliant on them to come save you if you ever have an active shooter

…how’d that work out for those kids in Uvalde, tho.