• Jo Miran
    link
    fedilink
    English
    26310 months ago

It’s difficult for me to give any less of a shit about Reddit. I’m perfectly happy with Lemmy.

• @pageOP
      link
      English
      3710 months ago

It’s been a hard habit to break after 15 years, but I’m getting there.

• @Everblue@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        9110 months ago

Luckily for me reddit made it easy by killing 3rd party apps and I only ever browsed it with RiF.

• @thorbot@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          2410 months ago

Same, when the app I used stopped working, I tried the reddit default one and bailed out after like 5 minutes of using that ad riddled shitpile

• @Jimmycrackcrack@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          edit-2
          10 months ago

I still have it installed and even though it doesn’t and will never work, I still like to open it, and have it once again try to retrieve posts only to return “forbidden”. I do it for old time’s sake, like a digital pouring one out for RIF and the Reddit I used to know.

• @CanadaPlus@lemmy.sdf.org
          link
          fedilink
          English
          410 months ago

They have yet to kill old, but I assume it’s coming, and there’s no way I’m tolerating the new interfaces.

• @jettrscga@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        2610 months ago

I still have to google search reddit when I’m looking for specific info like opinions on games. Unfortunately lemmy’s not reasonable to search, and Reddit has a much bigger userbase with a longer time to accumulate info about most topics.

• @SocialMediaRefugee@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      10 months ago

Went to reddit to see what the top posts were. Not much has changed.

“I kicked a puppy. AITA?”

“Gang of teens beat up an elderly homeless guy. Not ragebait.”

“What are your favorite dating tips? Help me write my fluff article.”

• @glockenspiel@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        310 months ago

The comments are just so much worse than the top posts. It is akin to Twitter after Musk pushed the main active user base away in exchange for a Faustian deal with right wingnuts. That or Reddit was truly duplicitous in their messaging and are perfectly fine taking money from propaganda organizations running in other countries which can pay the API fees to push narratives still. Not that they’d want that before an IPO or anything…

• @cubedsteaks@lemmy.today
        link
        fedilink
        English
        310 months ago

you forgot “Men have it so much harder than women and here’s an entire fucking essay on why you bitches!!”

• JustSomePerson
        link
        fedilink
        010 months ago

So the same shit as here, except for the “look at how bad Reddit is now” posts?

• @glockenspiel@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          910 months ago

That’s not accurate. The article is about Australia. Netflix Australia had a net loss of 200K subscribers specifically due to the anti-consumer moves they’ve made which affects a lot more than just sharing a password with a family member. That’s a 3% decline in a major country. Meanwhile, Netflix rivals had subscriptions increase overall and several saw huge surges. Netflix remains #1 by total subscribers in Australia, but that shouldn’t shock anyone given the inherit momentum they possess.

The article was never about Netflix globally. It was always about Australia. Companies operate business units in regions, and each region must perform.

• Uranium3006
      link
      fedilink
      410 months ago

The API kerfuffle finally gave us the critical mass ofbusers to make it viable, and it’s only uphill from here