“Based on your consent, we may collect and use your biometric information for safety, security, and identification purposes,” the privacy policy reads. It doesn’t include any details on what kind of biometric information this includes — or how X plans to collect it — but it typically involves fingerprints, iris patterns, or facial features.

X Corp. was named in a proposed class action lawsuit in July over claims that its data collection violates the Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act. The lawsuit alleges that X “has not adequately informed individuals” that it “collects and/or stores their biometric identifiers in every photograph containing a face” that’s uploaded to the platform.

• BeautifulMind ♾️
      link
      fedilink
      English
      410 months ago

At this point I’m actively evangelizing fedi platforms as functional replacements-

• Insta-> pixelfed
      • birdsite-> mastadon/firefish/misskey
      • fb-> friendica
      • reddit-> lemmy etc

The only thing meta has that’s worth anything to me is… my friends and family all have accounts there, it’s the only means I have of staying in touch with some of them. If I convince half of them to migrate it’s a win-win