• Chariotwheel
      link
      fedilink
      210 months ago

I hate what Reddit is doing, but I also hate your casual homophobia. Aren’t you sure, you would be a better fit for Reddit than the fediverse?

• @Duamerthrax@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        210 months ago

Did they edit their post and lemmy glitch out? The comment is 4m old, but your reply is 6m. There’s no marking that it’s been edited either, so something’s wrong.

• loobkoob
          link
          fedilink
          210 months ago

I know multiple queer people who use “faggot” in a way that lets them take ownership of the word rather than allow it to be a slur. But importantly, there’s context to them saying it that makes it clear it’s not a slur. It’ll be among friends who know them well enough, or on dating profiles/kink websites where it’s abundantly clear from how they use it and everything else they’ve written that it’s them reclaiming the word.

Your comment doesn’t have that context. You’re an anonymous stranger in a thread filled with anonymous strangers, and there’s nothing about your comment that implies you’re not using the word as a slur. In fact, the way you used it was as a pejorative. It comes off as offensive and inappropriate.