• @RoverRacecar@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    6510 months ago

I think I’ve seen this effect. Felt a bit smug when I saw a post of r/linux talking about how the quality of the posts was so poor after the “reddit migration”.

I’ve noticed it too that the quality of posts in certain subreddits I cared about just felt a lot more ‘empty’. Which is both good and bad. Good cause Reddit got what they deserved and people stuck to their morals by dispersing to more federated communities across the web; but I also feel a tad sad that the subreddit championing a vision I want to see that took a long time to get there is now gonna leave a way pooer impression on anyone looking to join.

But eh, I’m not sure many if any people’s mind on trying out Linux were decided due to a reddit post before. ( Feel free to tell me otherwise if I am wrong on feeling. )

• Lev_Astov
      link
      fedilink
      2210 months ago

It’s a real shame that communities like that couldn’t more easily uproot and move en masse to a new instance on Lemmy or similar.

• @Krauerking@lemy.lol
          link
          fedilink
          810 months ago

I think my bigtest issue with Lemmy is that I waited a bit from the huge migration because it just felt so incomplete and it was such a mess to jump into but now that I finally joined it feels dead with lots of subs basically dead with only some posts from months ago like the overzealous people decided this was dead and disappeared.

• @RoverRacecar@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            510 months ago

I’m kind of glad that the subreddits/communities that I follow hear are slow; At least the news ones.

Really the only pages I would like to see super “lively” would be the funny memes ones.

Which ones do you wish were more active?

• @Haha@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      110 months ago

it’s ok.

spez said revenue isn’t affected, so he got what he wanted. he doesn’t give that much of a shit let me tell you