CD Projekt Red explains what’s coming in the paid Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty DLC, versus what you’ll get in the free 2.0 update.

• JelloBrains
    link
    fedilink
    510 months ago

I played the game at the beginning of the year, it was OK, I’m glad I missed it at its worst. But, I don’t think I will buy the DLC, maybe if it gets a significant discount for one of the Holiday Sales.

That being said, 2.0 sounds like it’s going to fix the game in a lot of ways, basically making the game what it should have been from the start, I might start a new game if the reviews of the 2.0 system are really good.

• @whataboutshutup
      link
      210 months ago

1.0 is promises fulfilled, 2.0 sounds like something on a level of a new entry (or a big advertising exaggeration). We’d see.

• Kaldo
      link
      fedilink
      110 months ago

That sounds like the smart option tbh, I am still not convinced 2.0 will address my biggest issues with the game like gear progression and inventory. Not really sold on the skill rework either, looks kinda as boring as before. Maybe I get the dlc eventually but there’s no rush - it’s not like they are making more dlcs for the game and need the money, and the sequel is already confirmed anyway.

I really wanted it to be great but for every high the game hit for me, it had double the amount of lows. I can’t really be bothered to get hyped anymore for it.