Finished Jujutsu Kaisen Vol 1. It’s pretty fun, going to keep reading rest of the volumes.

Finished The Bullet Journal Method by Ryder Carroll. The book is divided in 4 parts, 1st part deals with the general introduction and why it’s needed, 2nd part is about the actual Bullet Journal method. 3rd part is more of a self-help, and productivity mixed up. Mainly talking about mindfulness and intentional living, using bullet journal. I usually don’t read books like these, but found parts of it useful (maybe because I don’t read books like these?). Though at times it felt like it’s making bullet journal to be some kind of way to live life, but that could be just because I am not used to such books. Overall, liked the book, would be useful in making me more productive.

Read The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman. It’s first book of the series. I enjoyed it quite a lot, going to get the rest of the books and read them. I think the 4th one just came out recently.

Reading Summer Knight by Jim Butcher. The 4th book in The Dresden Files. Not much to say about it yet.

What about all of you? What have you been reading?

• @clockwork_octopus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Ok. I’m in the middle of a few right now.

The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe by Douglas Adams; this one is all sorts of fun! I can’t believe I’ve never continued on with this series before.

Under The Whispering Door by T J Klune; this is a beautiful and funny story about a dead man as he tries to come to terms with his death and move on. We all are listening to this one in a road trip, and so far so good!

The Three Body Problem by Cixin Liu; alllllmost done this one. I’m finally through the slog and into the interesting parts. I’m not entirely convinced that this book could have had the front half removed without much loss to the story, but maybe it comes more into play in the next books in the series? I dunno.

The Body Keeps The Score by Bessel van der Kolk; neuroscience meets psychiatry in this book about what trauma does to the mind and body. I’m loving this so far, I find it fascinating, though it’s obviously really heavy.

21 Lessons For The 21st Century by Yuval Noah Harari; it’s alright, I liked his other books more.

• @clockwork_octopus@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        210 months ago

Honestly it took until probably 2/3 of the way through to get to the point, and 3/4 of the way through to hook me enough to even consider bothering with the second book. But, now it’s interesting and I want to know more

• @dresdenOPM
        link
        English
        110 months ago

Pretty much everyone I have seen here, says the start is a slog to get through, so not a surprise it didn’t click with you.

• @dresdenOPM
      link
      English
      210 months ago

Hitchhiker’s Guide to Galaxy is probably one of my favourite series. Glad you are enjoying it.

Lots of people are reading The Three Body Problem these days (not sure why) and everyone talks about how they had to slog through some parts. How is it still so famous with that?

Under The Whispering Door seems to have a fun concept. Would love to hear your impressions after you have finished it. Both for this and The Body Keeps the Score.

• @soupspoon@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      110 months ago

I loved Under the Whispering Door! I think it’ll probably always be my favorite TJ Klune haha, doesn’t matter what else he writes.

Someday I’ll tackle The Three Body Problem and The Body Keeps the Score, but it seems like they’ll each be tough to read through for different reasons.

Maybe I’ll read that Douglas Adams, though, what a great list!