• @Chailles@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    010 months ago

Look at this way, you’ve got everything you needed to fix complete. The game is uploaded the the storefront database. It’s now a week before release. There will always be bugs to fix and no game will ever be completely bugfree (especially not games at this scale). At some point you have to release the game, so why not just release what you’ve been working on since when the game launches?

• @sugar_in_your_tea@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      10 months ago

I’m not saying the game needs to be perfect, but it should be a great experience beginning to end without applying any patches. As in, I should be able to take the game disk and install it without any Internet connection and play through the game with only minor bugs here and there.

This is really important for game preservation (the patch servers will eventually go offline), yet many AAA games are almost unplayable without day one patches.

I’m a huge fan of software updates for games, but those updates should merely improve an already great experience, not be the method to fix a broken game. A broken game should never leave QA.