I really like Bradley Phillips’ accuracy test videos, and I’d like a sight similar to his, that’s both accurate enough to test precision/accuracy at 100ish feet and can either work well with a recording device or has recording capabilities built in. Any recommendations for something I can get in the States? Picatinny compatibility is a must, but something that could also be mounted to other types of rails would be nice.

• @torukmakto4
    link
    English
    21 year ago

He’s definitely using a magnified scope. A cheapsoft grade one should be more than fine. The world is awash in optics that are picatinny and with US shipping in a day on amazon or ebay.

I shoot offhand with an EOTech for that. I have done 100 foot wheely bin “bradley phillips” tests as a dry run of the procedure itself, and the fact that the optic is 1x isn’t a big factor at that range in being able to aim precisely, it may help if shakey POA to get a table/bench to steady up on.

The scopecam, seems to be (as usual) something else optically from the actual sight. Mainly for gameplay downrange footage. For recording data out of game, try putting a camera near the target viewing the whole thing up close.

• AliOP
      link
      English
      11 year ago

For testing purposes, would a laser pointer + leveling tool achieve the same thing as a magnified scope? It seems like it would actually be a bit more accurate, but I don’t see anyone doing that. Is there a reason not to?

• @Agire
        link
        English
        11 year ago

It depends what you’re doing, if you’re trying to test long range accuracy quite often you need to hold over your target rather than have your crosshairs directly on them so with a laser this would put the dot over the target rather than on it. A well aligned red dot sight would have the same effect as a laser pointer but is a generally more useful tool.

• AliOP
          link
          English
          11 year ago

I’d be testing for precision more often than accuracy and plan on elevating the blaster itself so that I can get standardized measurements for projectile drop.