I’ve always had a bunch of screens when working. Recently, I’ve been using just my laptop without the extra screens and I find I can focus more. Is this a typical thing?

• @infinitevalenceM
    link
    English
    41 year ago

I used to be all in on multi screen until 4k became a real option.

I invested in a 32" 4k monitor in 2016 and it’s been a game changer.

I can look at full screen engineering drawings, I can open specifications documents, occasional code. With snapping I often have my screen split and can quickly move windows or programs around. The best part no bezels so I can make things fractions like 2/3 unlike normal screens where it would span a bezel.

I ended up putting my spare on the ceiling where I can monitor things and test configurations.

• jgrim of SublinksOPMA
      link
      English
      11 year ago

That is quite an interesting setup. I’d go mad with all those distractions. Looks like a kid’s play room in front of you. How do you not stop working and play all day!? I have to stay across the house from my son; otherwise, I lose at least an hour of productivity.

• @infinitevalenceM
        link
        English
        11 year ago

I have installed doors to help with that and having a huge monitor covers a large part of my field of view.

Also meds make a big difference.

• jgrim of SublinksOPMA
          link
          English
          11 year ago

That’s much better! Nice! Is it good for sound isolation?

• @infinitevalenceM
            link
            English
            11 year ago

It helps for sure. Now I just need to finish the drywall mud, sand, prime, paint, and do the trim.

It’s been a low priority project.

• jgrim of SublinksOPMA
              link
              English
              11 year ago

The final touches always take longer to get motivated to do. I remodeled a bathroom about 5 months ago and the trim remains. I did the rest, though, haha. I also put down new flooring in my son’s playroom… still missing trim.