I just finished Death Masks by Jim Butcher, 5th book of The Dresden Files. Really enjoying the series.

What about all of you? What have you been reading or listening?

• I know it is supposed to be but I listened to the first 7 books trying to get into it as people seem to regard it fairly highly but I just don’t understand the appeal of the 13 year olds humour personally.

I think like discworld I will give the wheel of time a try and see how I like it cause if I don’t try it I may miss out on something I enjoy. I do appreciate your input though and have tempered my expectations some what as prior to this I had only heard that is is “amazing”

• @dresdenOP
      link
      English
      18 months ago

Wheel of Time was one of the first epic fantasy series I ever read, and I love it. I have re-read the whole series a few times and have always enjoyed it. That doesn’t mean there are no issues with the series though. For instance, not all the books are same, there are some in the middle which are widely accepted as a slog, but overall, if you have stamina for a 13 book series, I would still recommend it.

Just read the first couple of books and check it out for yourself.