I was diagnosed at 36 (2 years ago), unmedicated so far, too many antidepressants to be taking add meds, hopefully changing it this fall. Good luck to all of you

• @toad5@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    11 year ago

Which meds?

When I started taking adderall at about your age I felt similar so I tried to make sure I was covering all of my bases-exercise, sleep, diet, supplements, organization.

I’d suggest trying to stick to some new, productive, habits for the first 3-6 months. That will go a long way and set you up to be able to do less or get off over time, ime. Learn healthy habits with medication, easier to do them off the meds.

Good luck!

• @Waker@lemmy.pt
      link
      fedilink
      English
      21 year ago

Concerta

Oh that’s great to know! That’s what I’m trying to do as well. A bit apprehensive on the exercise because the meds are supposed to mess with your heart and I’m way out of shape. I’m more active for sure, that was part of of getting off some anti depressants.

• @toad5@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        21 year ago

Consistency over quantity has worked well for me. Getting outside early, as close to when you wake up as possible, and going for a walk is a good way to build up to jogging. 15-30 min of cardio does a lot for cognition, doesn’t have to be intense either.

I regularly exercise on 10-15mg of adderall, and while I definitely sweat more and my HR is higher, I’ve never felt like the meds have made it dangerous to workout for my heart.

• @Waker@lemmy.pt
          link
          fedilink
          English
          21 year ago

Thank you so much! Your feedback has left me more at ease. I was likely overthinking it.

• @toad5@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            21 year ago

Overthinking? With adhd??! Lol, I get that. Glad it helps! Nice with the small community here, seems more genuine.