I was diagnosed at 36 (2 years ago), unmedicated so far, too many antidepressants to be taking add meds, hopefully changing it this fall. Good luck to all of you

• @Waker@lemmy.pt
    link
    fedilink
    English
    21 year ago

Concerta

Oh that’s great to know! That’s what I’m trying to do as well. A bit apprehensive on the exercise because the meds are supposed to mess with your heart and I’m way out of shape. I’m more active for sure, that was part of of getting off some anti depressants.

• @toad5@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      21 year ago

Consistency over quantity has worked well for me. Getting outside early, as close to when you wake up as possible, and going for a walk is a good way to build up to jogging. 15-30 min of cardio does a lot for cognition, doesn’t have to be intense either.

I regularly exercise on 10-15mg of adderall, and while I definitely sweat more and my HR is higher, I’ve never felt like the meds have made it dangerous to workout for my heart.

• @Waker@lemmy.pt
        link
        fedilink
        English
        21 year ago

Thank you so much! Your feedback has left me more at ease. I was likely overthinking it.

• @toad5@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          21 year ago

Overthinking? With adhd??! Lol, I get that. Glad it helps! Nice with the small community here, seems more genuine.