• @Radio_717@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    141 year ago

I went to Reddit from Digg during the great migration and I didn’t look back. The Ads and format change were a huge misstep on their part. I honestly would have left Reddit when they went to New Reddit if we would have had Lemmy back then.

• @marcos@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      111 year ago

when they went to New Reddit

I never went to New Reddit…

I would have left even if Lemmy didn’t exist.

• @Weirdfish@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        51 year ago

Yeah, I jumped ship without a plan. After a couple days I remembered I had heard about Lemmy in one of the “What are you going to do on July 1st” posts.

Am so happy with the results that I honestly no longer care what happens to reddit, I prefer this.

Smaller? Sure, but it’ll grow. Even if it tops out at current user base I wouldn’t see that as a bad thing.

• @Radio_717@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        11 year ago

I know it never left for PC and I used it over there but I was mostly a mobile user and killing Apollo destroyed my desire for reddit.

I was also not a fan of some of the changes that affected everything like removing NSFW from r/all.

• @Sir_Kevin
      link
      English
      41 year ago

Same. In fact I tried to find alternatives but there just wasn’t one at the time.

• @Radio_717@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          21 year ago

Yes but evenso site wide changes still affected old reddit. NSFW subs were still removed from r/all and the sponsored content was still there too. Not to mention all the bots and spam. I was also primarily a mobile user so killing Apollo was the end for me.

• sarcasticsunrise
          link
          fedilink
          English
          21 year ago

For now, yes. As clueless and inept as Spez has been about this whole thing, it’s only a matter of time until old.reddit gets nuked.