In short, US residents need to shut it down before Genocide Joe escalates us to World War III.

• Daniel Quinn
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    6 months ago

“Genocide Joe”. Nice. I wonder if US democrats fully comprehend the support they’re flushing with their current foreign policy.

Edit: I just love how every response to this has been some version of “Republicans are worse”. It’s true of course, but this doesn’t erase the sense of betrayal many on the Left feel. That betrayal won’t likely make people vote Republican, but it’s certainly enough to make people stay home.

• @Rooskie91
      link
      116 months ago

You know, you’re really telling on yourself with this kind of statement.

Democrats are upset with Biden’s actions because they are not a monolith. You can support a politician, and still be upset with his actions. It’s called the duality of being human.

If you’re expecting democrats to commit to everything their leader says and does without a single critical thought, even if what they’re saying contradicts what they previously said, then you’re looking at the wrong party, bud. That’s the behavior of Trump Republicans, and Trump Republicans exclusively.

• @thecrotch@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        36 months ago

Democrats expect me to pretend that just because they’re better than Republicans they’re immune to criticism. Theyre acting like trump Republicans in that regard.

• @araneae@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      56 months ago

A Trump presidency would result in precisely nill fewer deaths in Palestine and more deaths domestically as the same bigoted rage on display in the Gaza strip would be celebrated and supported at home. I’m sorry it is that way, but both parties are married to Zionism. It may be possible to push the Dems away from this over time, but hear me now, Palestine and Israel going hot and sparking a global conflict is the primary motivation for Evangelical Republicans. It is a feature of their literal eschatology. They will not be disentangled from their religious motivation of ending the actual fucking world. And they’ll cheer and laugh as the world watches Israeli boots crush infant skulls until Muslim world is incensed enough to want open conflict on Israel.

• squiblet
        link
        fedilink
        edit-2
        6 months ago

Trump will also end all aid to Ukraine immediately, effectively handing it over to Putin, while enacting a genocide he has boasted about on Central Americans in the US. Bashing Biden like this is about the stupidest shit possible since there is no other realistic choice for President and it helps Trump.

• Daniel Quinn
          link
          fedilink
          English
          66 months ago

Biden doesn’t get a pass on genocide simply because the alternative is worse.

• squiblet
            link
            fedilink
            56 months ago

Okay, fine. Biden sucks for that. There, he didn’t get a pass.

• @keepthepace@slrpnk.net
      link
      fedilink
      36 months ago

After 2 GWB presidency and a Trump one, there is not much trust left to flush anyway. Biden is trying to restore some but has to deal with toddlers in the House.