Finished Dead Beat by Jim Butcher. Loved the book. Series keep getting better and better.

After much deliberation on what to read next, went with Valour’s Choice by Tanya Huff. Book 1 of “military sci-fi” series Confederation. Tanya Huff was recommended a long time ago on reddit, but I wasn’t sure if I was in “military sci-fi” mood, but I am really enjoying the book.

The book is years after you join the Confederation, and it doesn’t hand-hold you by explaining each “alien” term or how each species look like right away, giving you the feel that these words / things are so common that there is no need to explain them, but as the novel progress you start learning what’s what and which species look like what.

What about all of you? What have you been reading or listening?

• @OogieBoogieMan@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    24 months ago

Currently reading Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson. Trying to work my way through all four books. It’s been pretty slow going but I’m really enjoying them

• @dresdenOPM
      link
      English
      24 months ago

Nice. Getting ready for the 5th book releasing later this year?

• @dresdenOPM
          link
          English
          14 months ago

Yeah, those were some of the best books he has written in quite a while.

I still haven’t read the fourth one though. Will probably get it next month.