• How many of your fellow citizens would you sacrifice to Putin if he decided to invade your county? That is what you are saying. Give over regions of Ukraine to an aggressive fascist state. Fuck that. I’d fight against that even if it was hopeless. Ukraine needs to be armed to win. The US could do this, if we wanted to.

• @barsoap@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          edit-2
          5 months ago

Borscht as is known all throughout most of the ex-USSR and the world is Ukrainian. The red beet version, that is. The more general term roots in Poland where (even much earlier) it meant a soup with hogweed (hence the name), then sour soups in general.

Kvass should be safe though, it’s a generally east-Slavic thing, basically low to negligible ABV sour beer from rye. And yes that’s exactly what Russians are drinking anyways, the cola craze after the fall of the USSR was short-lived.

And just to add injury to injury: Pelmeni aren’t Russian, either. The name is Permic pointing straight to (near) Siberia, it’s thought that Mongols brought the general idea of dumplings from China there on their adventures which also explains the pepper. OTOH that means that the stuff you see in supermarkets, frozen bags of them to throw in boiling water, is 110% traditional (modulo the plastic).

• @Welt@lazysoci.al
            link
            fedilink
            05 months ago

Great comment. Refreshing to see some intelligence here from time to time, like the nice sour bready tang of kvass!

• @isthereany
          link
          15 months ago

“Russian troll” give me a break. Ukraine is a literal piece of garbage that isn’t worth even the lives of its’ own citizens. Stop taking American arms and taxpayer money I don’t have any interest in supporting your nonsense. Why are you here posting? Go sign up and head to the front lines. Invest your own life in Ukraine’s interests.

• @isthereany
              link
              15 months ago

No. Fuck Ukraine and fuck Russia. I don’t care about your slavic issues. Leave my weapons and tax money alone freaks.

• Kyre
            link
            fedilink
            05 months ago

These threads are great because it allows me to easily isolate, find and block the obvious trolls. Man, you and isthereany are so angry. Your post histories read like typical Youtube comments. Pot, kettle?

• @Tinidril@midwest.social
        link
        fedilink
        English
        205 months ago

Your assuming that he isn’t Russian. Russia seems totally willing to sacrifice as many lives to Putin as Putin wants.

What’s really pathetic about these call for Ukraine to give up is that Russia still wouldn’t win. For a so-called superpower, the clash of armies should have been an easy win. The actual hard part is the occupation. Zelinski could sign the whole country over to Putin today, and it would just guarantee that the bloodshed continues for years or decades. Even in areas that leaned towards Russia, Ukrainians are of no mind to simply surrender.

• @isthereany
              link
              edit-2
              5 months ago

Just another propaganda outlet where mods censor the truth. What I said was so obviously true the moderators had to intervene to put an end to it. They say it’s “antisemitism” to point out Zelensky is a Jew and that Jews were helicoptered out of Ukraine to safety while Ukrainian men were stopped at the border, separated from their families, and forced into conscription.

https://www.dw.com/en/from-kyiv-to-tel-aviv-ukrainian-jewish-refugees-airlifted-to-safety/a-61135576

Typical censorship bullshit just like with Gaza it’s “antisemitic” to merely point out the truth of Jews misbehaving. Ukraine meat grindered their whole population of young men while rescuing Jews specifically not only letting them leave but assisting them in escaping this hell hole that they created.

link
                fedilink
                English
                15 months ago

From the shitty article you linked.

About 7,000 refugees from Ukraine have arrived in Israel since the start of the Russian invasion. Most of them are not Jewish.

That’s hardly the scandal you indicate, even if removing refugees from a warzone could be scandalous. So yeah, your comment is anti-Semitic.

Putin is the one who throws his soldiers in a meat grinder, and in vastly larger numbers than that. There is plenty of evidence of Russian soldiers mowing down retreating Russian conscripts. I’ve not seen that from Ukraine. An invaded country initiating a draft is not exactly unexpected - not like drafting prisoners and sending them to the front lines with inadequate supplies.

link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  05 months ago

His response says “Removed by moderator” to me. It looks like it was deserved though, so I’m saving my tears.

• NoIWontPickaName
                    link
                    fedilink
                    15 months ago

They’re just being a douche.

“ Just another propaganda outlet where mods censor the truth. What I said was so obviously true the moderators had to intervene to put an end to it. They say it’s “antisemitism” to point out Zelensky is a Jew and that Jews were helicoptered out of Ukraine to safety while Ukrainian men were stopped at the border, separated from their families, and forced into conscription.

www.dw.com/en/…/a-61135576

Typical censorship bullshit just like with Gaza it’s “antisemitic” to merely point out the truth of Jews misbehaving. Ukraine meat grindered their whole population of young men while rescuing Jews specifically not only letting them leave but assisting them in escaping this hell hole that they created.”

• @GenEcon@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          15 months ago

Aren’t you russians claiming to invade Ukraine to get rid of Nazis? Your sentence ‘Jewlensky is calling up grey haired seniors because everyone else is dead. Except for the Jews that were carefully led out of the country’ sounds like 100 % Nazi-speech. Maybe Putin should first get rid of the Nazis in his own country before invading others.

• @isthereany
          link
          15 months ago

Oops removed by mod, too much truth in what I said. The shill brigade downvoting wasn’t enough they needed to make sure no one saw any counter points.