No change on my end. Still reading:

• The Better Part of Valour by Tania Huff, book 2 of Confederation.
  • Your Money or Your Life : 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship With Money and Achieving Financial Independence by Vicki Robin / Joe Dominguez

What about all of you? What have you been reading or listening?

• southsamurai
    link
    fedilink
    35 months ago

I’m flipping between Pratchett’s Tiffany Aching section of discworld (I’m on the next to the last “I shall wear midnight”, and I tend to draw things out because I never want it to end) and finally reading the “parahumans” stuff from the web serials. Plus a non fiction book for when I’m in the kitchen and waiting for things to finish.

Just finished the original “worm” yesterday, and it was a wild ride. Haven’t started the next sections yet, beyond verifying that the scraper got things right. Wildbow, aka John McCrae, hasn’t released anything official yet, but doesn’t object to people scraping for their personal convenience and converting to whatever file type they prefer. Tbh, as this point I don’t think he’ll ever finish the editing and do his own epub or whatever.

The non fiction is “The Cooking Gene” by Michael Twitty. So far, it’s brilliant. I haven’t gotten into the second chapter yet because of how and when I’m reading it, but just the introduction was a powerful thing. I’ve seen him talking about the book and the journey that led up to it, and it’s the first book I’ve ever bought because of something on YouTube lol. Him talking about the history of food as relates to his ancestry and the surrounding culture is a beautiful and intriguing experience.

• @dresdenOPM
      link
      English
      15 months ago

I dropped off Worm somewhere in later half, I would guess. Have been meaning to get back into it, but then thought I should wait for the ebook release, but I don’t think it’s going to happen anytime soon.

• southsamurai
        link
        fedilink
        25 months ago

It does get a little weird, and then there’s a time jump in the later section that wasn’t easy to read through, but the overall arc was worth it.