No change on my end. Still reading:

• The Better Part of Valour by Tania Huff, book 2 of Confederation.
  • Your Money or Your Life : 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship With Money and Achieving Financial Independence by Vicki Robin / Joe Dominguez

What about all of you? What have you been reading or listening?

• @CrayonRosary@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    edit-2
    4 months ago

I’m about to finish the book, and oh boy, have I had to suspend disbelief at the end. Again, not at the more exotic physics and cosmology. Just the basic stuff.

Still, it’s a thought provoking book, and I’m glad I finished the trilogy. I wasn’t sure I was going to. I have a friend who keeps asking me if he should finish the trilogy, and I still don’t know what I should tell him. 😂

“He closes the book and the pages align like a flock of two dimensional birds coming together in unison to roost on the edge of the universe. He sits and ponders his life choices like a tree at the shore of a rapidly eroding river bank, wondering when it’s going to fall in and die. He thinks to himself that if has has to read one more drawn out simile written by Cixin Liu he’s going to burn the book and warm himself by the flames like a lizard basking in the dying sunlight of the day, yearning for enough energy to find a place to sleep for the night.”

• @dresdenOPM
      link
      English
      14 months ago

lol, that last part was interesting to read. I am to take this is inspired by reading the series?

• @CrayonRosary@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        24 months ago

Yeah, the author really likes his similes. Might be a Chinese cultural thing. They’re not as drawn out as I made mine, but I was having fun. 😂