• @Clent@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    54 months ago

You are too kind to Microsoft, buying into innovation isn’t the same as creating it.

If you aren’t seeing innovation from Apple it’s likely because you’re an Apple hater. For example, they released their own CPU chips quite recently. The smartphone is now a matured product, any innovation would likely be something very different.

Broadcom? Who cares. Thats enterprise shit. It’s like mentioning Oracle in the same list. They are milking corporations. Completely different paradigm.

You don’t mention Amazon, but there’s another potential sinking ship. Their brand loyalty is fading and they don’t seem to care but it’s still has momentum to recover.

Google is the real concern. They have lost their luster. Their main product is search and it is getting worse and no one trusts their new offerings to last because their product grace yard is a landfill. No one can say the same about any of these other companies.

Windows is still the same meh.

iPhones, Apple Watches, etc are meh.

Google search is done. Everyone that was an early adopter is fleeing to the competition, desperately looking for something that sucks less.

Eventually someone will find the new way to search the wealth of information found on the web. It does not look like that company will be Google. It’s also unlikely to be Apple or Microsoft but both of those companies have mature products that aren’t experience a decline in the way that Google search is.

• RedFox
      link
      fedilink
      English
      14 months ago

apple hater

Nah, I’m indifferent. They’re just another company. I did forget about the chips they’re working on. That’s a big/expensive investment.

Google is trying that with the tensor. Not hearing a huge roar about that either.

I was thinking more enterprise with MS.

I think the new way to search the web is LLMs, but still probably relies on their respective indexer.