Still reading Starsight by Brandon Sanderson, second book of Skyward (Cytoverse) series. About half done. It’s interesting to get more details about the world.

What about all of you? What have you been reading or listening?

• @frantic6423@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    43 months ago

Also working on a Brandon Sanderson series, finishing The Way of Kings. First book in the Stormlight Archive series. Loving the way he turns a lot of normal things on it’s head, grass and trees that react and retract, gender role and food norms. Very interesting.

Listening my way through Serge Storms series by Tim Dorsey. Cause who doesn’t identify a little bit with a serial killer who is basically just acts like your obtrusive inner voice wish you could when confronted with the worst dregs of society. The style of writing is glib and humorous, with attention paid to funny observations.

• @dresdenOPM
      link
      English
      13 months ago

Yeah, Stormlight Archive is great. The 5th and final book of the first part of Stormlight Archives is releasing this year. Looking forward to it!

Haven’t heard of Serge Storms, will look it up.

• @frantic6423@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        23 months ago

I hadn’t either, then I saw an obituary for Tim Dorsey, the author, mentioning he was a contemporary of Dave Barry. Did a little goodreads lookup, hit up the library and been enjoying ever since. I need to get better about using BookWyrm to look up and track stuff.