Still reading Starsight by Brandon Sanderson, second book of Skyward (Cytoverse) series. About half done. It’s interesting to get more details about the world.

What about all of you? What have you been reading or listening?

• @JaymesRS@literature.cafeM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    23 months ago

That’s the way I felt when I first heard about it too. And both of those had a solid plot that the authors worked witticisms into while writing. This feels like they thought of jokes and then figured out how to get the joke into the plot, and it suffers because of that. The jokes tend to be puns and groaners, which I really like and I really like the authors outside this book. This just fell flat and I don’t care about the characters or their adventure.

• @dresdenOPM
      link
      English
      23 months ago

Sometimes things just don’t come together properly. Would be interesting to see some other work of the author.

• @JaymesRS@literature.cafeM
        link
        fedilink
        English
        23 months ago

Kevin Herne wrote the Iron Druid series that’s commonly recommended for Dresden Files fans and it’s great.

Delilah S. Dawson wrote some Star Wars stuff I’ve read (Phasma for one) and Midnight at the Houdini and I enjoyed them.

• @dresdenOPM
          link
          English
          23 months ago

Oh, I have heard of Iron Druid series many times and it’s on my wish list, but for some reason I had it listed under Yanni Kuznia, who was apparently editor of ‘A Fantasy Medley 3’, which featured a short story from Iron Druid Chronicles.