Welcome to the RD thread!

This is a place for casual random chat and discussion.

A reminder for everyone to always follow the community rules and observe the Code of Conduct.

Mobile apps:

Quick tips:

Footnotes:

• Daily artwork is “Trompe L’oeil (Trick the Eye)” by Antipas Delotavo
  • Report inappropriate comments and violators
  • Message the moderation team for any issues
  • @monknonoke@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    91 year ago

I started trying ‘thrilling’ sports for the excitement of it, but it seems like it ended up calming me instead 😆 isn’t it interesting?

It’s good to try new and different things. I feel that I’ve started to learn new things about myself (which tbh I thought there was not much to learn more anymore). When I reflect on all of it together, I get this little lightbulb moment and for a moment in time I think I just got a moment wiser hahaha.

For example, I knew that I have this nagmamadaling personality but I never really knew what to do with it. I consider it a flaw for myself, actually.

Now, I get it. I had to temper it out, and doing these sports is helping a lot to temper it. I think it’s beautiful. Para akong binigyan ng chance to work on myself some more in a different way.

Seriously, I think I’m becoming more genuinely patient and I’m not just not minding it. It’s amazing. I’m really glad and thankful while I’m writing this at 3-4am.

Off to the next adventure~~