• @OpenStars
    link
    English
    75 months ago

Tbf, calling Taco Bell “Mexican” food is more than a little bit of a stretch (heck, calling it “food” is even debatable!:-P “delicious cardboard substance” seems fine though…).

The fact that such food products can do that to you without having an ounce of spice in them shows that it is not due to their being “spicy”, but something else. Maybe the high salt content. Maybe the E. coli, who knows? (probably the E. coli does help a tiny bit…:-P)

• @TheGrandNagus@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      25 months ago

Yeah that’s why I also said tex mex, which I guess is what taco bell is a bastardised version of? I’m not sure

But I see this meme levied at more than just taco bell, which is why I also said mexican restaurants

• @OpenStars
        link
        English
        35 months ago

Salt, preparation, spice if unexpected, beans if same, etc. Somehow I doubt a 5-star restaurant preparation would engender the response shown in the picture, so this is something related to cheap ones. e.g. while I love Chipotle, it is kinda famous for E. coli… :-D It’s a (low) risk I’m always willing to take for that price:-P.

• @MelodiousFunk@slrpnk.net
          link
          fedilink
          edit-2
          5 months ago

I used to inhale Chipotle, the barbacoa in particular. Sometime before Covid, all the ones around here went to shit. Less flavor, more salt. Twas a major bummer.

Edit: rubbing salt in the wound, I just found out that my dinner is reheated Qdoba.

sigh

• @OpenStars
            link
            English
            55 months ago

I am sorry to hear of your loss.:-( Remember when guac was a DOLLAR!?!? Now they cost “fuck you, and your little dog too” money - and yet still Chipotle is cheaper than just about anything similar (the burritos I mean, I haven’t had their guac since Trump was elected).

img

• Possibly linux
          link
          fedilink
          English
          edit-2
          5 months ago

I’ve never heard of food poising from Chipote but then again I haven’t heard of contamination from a restaurant for a while