Trump also assured Daniels that he and Melania didn’t “even sleep in the same room," she testified

After meeting the future president of the United States at a golf tournament in 2006, adult film star Stormy Daniels testified Tuesday that Donald Trump’s personal bodyguard asked if she would like to have dinner with the once-and-future Republican nominee.

“No, with an expletive in front,” Daniels said she told the aide in response, per NBC News. But she reconsidered after meeting with her publicist, she said, recalling their words: “If nothing else, you’ll get a great story” and “what’s the worst that could happen?”

But, according to Daniels, dinner never happened. When she got to Trump’s hotel room, she found him in pajamas – he later changed – and eager to discuss her work in the adult film industry, where she had risen from performer to director, and whether she had ever contracted and STD (“I’ve never tested positive for anything,” Daniels said).

• Funderpants
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      2 months ago

Yes, and this testimony establishes that there was a reason to make the payment, and a reason to falsify them, it’s the story he was trying to bury, now the jury knows it and can make a more informed decision.

• @EatATaco@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              English
              12 months ago

Daniels claims he said he doesn’t care if his wife finds out. This is trump here, who has cheated on every wife he’s ever had, despite being a moron, he’s still probably smart enough to have a pretty loose prenup when it comes to his own infidelity.

• @CileTheSane@lemmy.ca
            link
            fedilink
            edit-2
            2 months ago

That didn’t happen.
            And if it did, it wasn’t that bad. <- We are here.
            And if it was, that’s not a big deal.
            And if it is, that’s not my fault.
            And if it was, I didn’t mean it.
            And if I did, you deserved it.

• @NatakuNox@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          132 months ago

Then why did he use campaign money to pay for it? Lol bro of he kept it in his pants no one would care or even know, but the moral party / law and order party seems to not care

• Optional
          link
          fedilink
          22 months ago

I hereby demand it be referred to as “an extramarital sex affair” from now on in all media.

• Optional
        link
        fedilink
        142 months ago

Obstruction of Justice is a felony. Witness tampering is a felony. Taking state secrets - ho, you better believe that’s a felony.

• @Delusional@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      122 months ago

Well yeah sure along with a slew of other crimes he committed. If our system wasn’t broken, he’d already be charged with treason and in jail or just offed like how we used to treat treasonous bastards.

• @Fedizen@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      122 months ago

Which says he knew how gross it made him look but decided to both have an extramarital affair and cover it up.

• @blazera@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        -122 months ago

Look, im on your side and i want this guy to go jail. You already seen them try to mistrial over this, because although its gross, neither of those things are illegal and theyre not what hes being charged with. Hes being charged with falsifying business records. Its a simple case, they have the check stubs he signed, they have the records not showing payments, his previous lawyer is already in jail because we already know all of this happened. All this testimony is doing is giving them room to argue about personal biases.

• @Fedizen@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          142 months ago

they have to show he’s not doing it to protect his wife or whatever - in a personal capacity. Imo this testimony makes him sound like he knew how gross it would be to most people. But yeah they might open the door for an appeal and also the defense he did it to protect his daughter who he does have business dealings with (though making that argument would probably even ick some trump supporters).